Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A trip to the Garden


A little while ago I went with a group of students to the Garden of Gethsemane. It was my first time there and when I first got there I found myself chatting with a friend for a time. After our chat and just taking in my surroundings I pulled out my phone and read aloud to a group of students nearby the account of the Savior atoning in the Garden found in Matt 26:36-42. The Spirit was so strong and powerfully testified to me of the Savior’s atonement and touched me profoundly as I read aloud that very moving account. It was such a peaceful and quiet moment and left me ever more cognizant of the incredible sacrifice that the Savior made for each of us and how much He loves us. My heart was touched and I came to appreciate the atonement and love the Savior much more deeply. It made a huge impression on me that that eternal act took place in the setting very similar to the one I was in and possibly even in or near the very place that I was sitting. It was such a powerful moment, words may never do it justice. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to be here. My experience has really helped me to see the scriptures in a new light and is making an eternal impact on me and who I am becoming. Furthermore, it has already helped me draw nearer to the Savior and make my relationship with Him much more personal.

1 comment:

  1. Again: beautiful. Such a neat experience; what a blessing for you to be there, and then be able to also learn, do, and become.

    ReplyDelete